From Khloe’s revenge body to a lunch lady who lost 100 pounds, these weight loss and weight management stories are sure to inspire you!
With the rise of social media, there doesn’t seem to be a day that goes by without some dramatic “Before and After” transformation going viral. Whether or not you relate to any specific story, knowing that there are so many people who struggle with their weight can inspire. As for the stories of weight loss that have been put into question—did Kim Kardashian really lose all that weight without the help of Photoshop?—it’s clear that even celebrities share our insecurities. And even if you don’t struggle with your weight, we think that you’ll at least be entertained by the singer who claims to only eat two foods a day or the comedian who dropped 18 pounds on a potato-only diet. (Neither of which are exactly on our list of 50 Best Weight Loss Tips!) With all that said, we bring you the 20 best weight loss stories of 2016!
1. Kim Kardashian Claims to Drop 70 Pounds Whether or not you believe it, Kim Kardashian has repeatedly claimed that she dropped a whopping 70 pounds after having her baby last December. “I think dieting is so important to weight loss, whereas, I didn’t really ever think that before,” she told PEOPLE. “I thought, ‘Oh, I can work out, I can just eat whatever I want.’ But you have to work out all the time.” Kardashian claimed that the low-carb Atkins 40 plan is what helped her shed the pounds, adding that she aimed for 1,800 calories a day, along with intense workouts. Intrigued? Then don’t miss these 15 Amazing Weight Loss Tips from Kim Kardashian’s Nutritionist!
2. Mariah Carey Only Eats Two Things One thing is for sure: Mariah Carey loves attention. So, it’s only fitting that her latest weight loss strategy would raise a few eyebrows. The strategy? Consuming only two foods. “It’s really hard. My diet, you would hate it,” Carey tells E! News. “All you eat is Norwegian salmon and capers every day. That’s it.”
3. Britney’s Bod Slays This one’s more about an awesome weight loss maintenance and fitness story than a dramatic before-and-after transition. With her resident show in Vegas, it’s no secret that Britney Spears has gotten back in killer shape and has been turning heads for well over a year. But she garnered more-than-usual attention earlier in 2016 after a smokin’ hot performance at the 2016 Billboard Music Awards in May. (We know you wanna watch it!) And then she recently celebrated her 35th birthday with another sexy performance at the Jingle Ball in LA. How does she do it? It’s not exactly a secret, people. As she says: “You wanna hot body? You better work…”
4. Kayla Itsines Helps Millions
There’s no doubt that 2016 was the biggest year yet for Instagram sensation Kayla Itsines, who now has nearly 6 million followers. Known for her online fitness guides, Itsines hosted a massively successful ‘2016 Sweat Tour,’ but it also made her second guess naming her guides “Bikini Body.” She noted on Instagram: “I originally called it ‘Bikini Body Guides’ because when I asked my clients what their goals were, 99 percent said at some stage that they just wanted ‘to feel comfortable in a bikini,’ so I didn’t think twice when I called it that.” She told Bloomberg, however, that she now regrets the name since it’s not only about looking and feeling good in a bikini, but it’s about being strong. Regardless of the name, it’s clear that this is only the beginning; just see how many hashtags #bbgprogress #sweatwithkayla there were this year for endless weight loss inspiration.
5. Khloé Kardashian Sheds Major Pounds
Kim Kardashian called Khloé her “weight loss idol” after the reality star shed a significant amount of weight. Unfortunately, she went from being body shamed for being “the fat Kardashian” to being body shamed for being “too skinny.” Whatever your judgment may be, there’s no denying her weight loss story has inspired many. She credits her drop in size to small tweaks in lifestyle and her diet, saying that her “biggest tip for starting off strong is to swap out some common foods you eat for healthier versions.” Now that’s a suggestion we can definitely get behind. Many of these 40 Ways to Lose Weight in 4 Seconds are along the same lines.
6. Revenge Body With Khloé Kardashian
She wouldn’t be a Kardashian if she didn’t capitalize on her media attention, so Khloé announced that she would have a new show on E!—Revenge Body with Khloé Kardashian. The show has enlisted a number of A-list trainers including Simone de la Rue, Lacey Stone and Gunnar Peterson to work with the reality star to help contestants overcome traumatic life experiences through fitness.
7. Bride-To-Be Loses Over 100 Pounds